Friday, March 4, 2011

Not getting into Grandma’s Half Marathon

Well, to all of you that followed my advice and got entered into Grandma's Half Marathon's Lottery – here's hoping you got in. For those of you that didn't, welcome to the club.

We registered a team of six members and none of us got picked. How is that possible? The Lottery rules state that our odds by entering as an individual are the same as the odds as entering in as a group. I know it's been years since by two years of statistics in college, but how would the odds be the same? If any of the six are picked, all six get in. So how can the odds be the same?

Well, my mother always said that when God closes a door, he opens a window. So I did enter the Marathon instead. I know, I know, at my age it's like being penalized twice for losing a Lottery, but Lord help me, the event is so fun I have to participate in it.

Openings are still available for those of you that are looking for an early Marathon to get a qualifying time in for Boston or New York. http://bit.ly/hmY3cY

No comments: