Monday, April 18, 2011

Boston Marathon

Two hours until the start of the Boston Marathon. No, I'm not running it, just waiting for it to begin on TV. I probably have a unique love for the race different than most runners. My second sport love is baseball. And for those of you that may not be aware of this, The Boston Red Sox have a game that starts at 11 am on Patriot's Day (the day the Boston Marathon is run each year). They do this so that the game should finish (barring a tie and extra innings) and have the crowd get out about the same time the leaders of the Boston Marathon are passing the 23 mile mark of the race. Mile 23 is approximately where the Stadium is located.

When I did run Boston, it was one of my favorite memories seeing baseball fans cheering you on, just when you needed it. You could imagine they were cheering you because of your race or if you had just hit the game winning homerun. Or in my case, you could imagine both.

No comments: