Friday, January 21, 2011

Still running after January 21... of any year.

As an occasional treadmill runner, January 21st is one of my most favorite times of the year. It's the make-or-break day of yearly resolutions for most folk.

Psychologists tell us that it takes 21 days to form a habit. This is true for either a good or a bad habit. At my health club, LifeTime Fitness in Eagan, Minnesota, I've noticed that in the past 17 years that I've been a member, that the treadmills open up drastically after January 21st. By that time, the people that made the commitment to running or walking are either still there or working on a new 'resolution'.

Here's hoping that you are still on your 2011 resolution to a healthy life style. If you've made it to this point, your odds of staying with it for the rest of the year just doubled.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: