Saturday, March 24, 2012

Barefoot Running

My wife Bonnie has found a number of articles citing the benefits of Barefoot Running. As a heavier runner, I've always thought this wouldn't make sense because the weight that the runner is carrying would need all the cushioning he/she could get in a shoe.

But the articles had commentary from heavy runners that actual endorsed the barefoot running concept, saying it actually helped them slowly get into running since it emphasizes the stretching /walking at the beginning of the training.

She is going to try it in the coming months and I'm interested to see if any of my readers/followers have tried this or know someone that has. Please write me if you have and let me know. I would like to integrate your experiences with Bonnie's as she goes through this trial.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 3

Location:Hamilton Dr,Eagan,United States

No comments: