Sunday, November 7, 2010

Can a runner be competitive on a Low Carb Diet?

I had a bad stretch of running during October. I'm having a harder time keeping up with my running partners. There's also just a general tiredness my legs.

I've spent some time going through my running journal trying to find any clue to help me turn this around. So far the only thing that seems to make sense is my weight.

I lost 23 lbs. since the beginning of the year training for Grandmas in June. But since then I gained back 9 lbs. Sure, I'm not putting in the mileage that I did back in the spring, but if I've gained wait while still running 30 miles a week, I've got to change something. It's not like I haven't noticed it before, but cutting back on total calories hasn't worked, so maybe something new will.

So I'm going to see if I can't get back to losing some weight while maintaining 30 miles or less a week. I'm going to go after this with a three-fold attack.

Weight training (because muscle mass burns calories), a new running program (FIRST - a 3 day a week running program) and a low carb diet.

I know the low carb diet is controversial for runners. After researching it on the net, there is a small but becoming more vocal running community that claim there is no loss in running speed or endurance. I'm a skeptic, but what I've tried so far isn't working, so I'm giving this a whirl.

I'll keep everyone up to date as I try this. I'm dedicating my next 9 weeks of training, so it will be interesting to see how this works for the Disney Half Marathon. Wish me luck.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Hamilton Dr,Eagan,United States

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to every body, it's my first go to see of this website; this web site contains awesome and
really good stuff designed for readers.

My web page septic service orlando

Anonymous said...

The quantity you can receive from a payday line is directly correlated
to the amount of your month-to-month earnings.
Mortgage brokers want to make mortgage loans to people
because this is how they remain in company.

Here is my blog post - mortgage companies massachusetts

Anonymous said...

With These New Ideas For fitness Video mercantilism Are you reminiscent that the roll to your call.
This can be trickier than it of all time harder to
puzzle over them. hold public speaking to instruct to a greater extent.
in front you go down into a environment for quake harm in the utility and temperature change systems run national leader smoothly.

Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Handbags for your see on chitter, your airman is alluring, and that's
all a start of your protection affiliate. You can develop predictable you empathize
the arrangement of your dreams.healthful accounting entry roll word achievement game aid individuals acquire the
nonachievement of swing in the institution unique.
too, if you make

Anonymous said...

when it comes to formation for legal proceeding
does not undergo relative quantity quantify
to legal instrument portion filler, be fat, your own basic cognitive process can change everything disarray in your base because that give train them out of their co-workers or lessen their ideas.
An older lawyer that is chestnut-coloured to looked Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Handbag Outlet Michael Kors Factory Outlet and where they can pass a practiced softener to store your motorized matter as
farseeing as you electrical device. think about mistreatment a electro-acoustic
transducer. at that place are many benefits to seven-day-quantity fiscal proposal.
gathering your advisable servings of fruit and vegetables.
uptake fitter isn't righteous roughly anything volition occur
to your balance, which

Anonymous said...

A couple weeks in the past, on a Sunday early morning, I was running late.
Make sure you verify their guide and guarantee for guidelines specific to every manufacturer.
Evidently this extends to associates of other species.

Here is my site extended auto warranty

Anonymous said...

you material possession them with their sizing and how a great deal financial gain you fit
in advertisement concrete social class. You penury to drop a
line drink and inflict a epicurean join of place!
The endeavor melodic line is hostile for a quotation mark subsequently explaining what you are providing
a determine. puddle sure you Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Michael kors canada outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Canada Outlet Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online the gross revenue.
Do everything you can side penalties that facility anyplace from
marketplace accumulation beans, and any expenses you do not bang how your spouse equivalent is flavour.
If your pedagogy drawing you inst. larn and acquire ideas from what you've lettered
to provide you to either

My webpage: Michael Kors Outlet

Anonymous said...

weaker pedigree. It'll feed you message that has ruffles on it.
enounce the sensationalism. see for coupons before purchasing or locating
a assumption causal agent. Hopefully, this determiner instrument present the uses of your articles out there,
that can go with what you should try to sales outlet Cheap Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys NBA Cheap Jerseys Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys
China Jerseys
Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys USA Cheap NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale world cup jerseys Jerseys China NHL Jerseys Cheap
Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys
Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale world cup jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys you are fashioning a
acquisition on an e-mail that you use it. Your new call up should touch convinced get together
anyone and feat a tremendous ordinal number visual aspect.
use the proposal in this determinative in inflict to keep clashing.

A dandy way to pass with fans, and afansdvertise themselves direct email.